The Martial Arts of JUDO
Judo which translates to the (Gentle Way) was developed by Jigoro Kano of Tokyo Japan. He developed the modern sport of Judo in 1882. Judo originated from Jujutsu which consisted mainly of offensive combat techniques.
Professor Kano's Judo philosophy was and is "Maximum Efficiency" and "Mutual Benefit and Welfare."
The growing interest in physical fitness among people of the world, coupled with the need for effective self-defense techniques, makes Judo one of the best athletic choices for people of all ages.
Judo is one of the best forms of physical and mental development through self discipline.
Judo was founded in 1882, in Japan, by Professor Jigoro Kano, who envisioned it as a way of becoming both physically and mentally fit through disciplined training. It was designed so that it can be practiced by all ages, both male and female.
Through Judo you can open up your mind and learn to focus on the task at hand. It is an excellent activity to increase physical fitness, self-esteem, self-defense, and mental awareness.
13 Judo Reasons for your Child
1. Self-Defense 2. Self-Confidence 3. Belts and Ranking
4. Discipline 5. Emphasis on Individual Achievement
6. Gender Equity 7. Exercise 8. Respect for Strength
9. Competition 10. You Can Do It With Them
11. The Never-Ending Season
12. They Will Exercise Their Minds Too
13. Judo Isn’t About Brute Force, it's about Control!